Project is a part of the Investment Program to improve the highway sections in oblast. The Project reconstructs road, including culverts and bridges, overpasses, road signs, and signal posts; Civil works for the Project comprise the following road sections:
Construction works will be implemented in accordance with Contract. Construction Supervision Consultant (Consultant) will assist the Ministry of Investment and Development (MID) (“Consultant”) in administration of construction works contracts and supervising of civil works to ensure quality and timely completion of construction works.
SCOPE OF SERVICES, TASKS (COMPONENTS) AND EXPECTED RESULTS
The Consultant, designated as Engineer for the Project, will: administer the construction contracts following the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) contract conditions; ensure that all works comply with the approved engineering designs and technical specifications, agreed schedule and budget, terms and conditions of the contracts, standard engineering practice, and Bank’s safeguards policy; provide general d\guidance and issue instructions to contractors; make engineering decisions in consultation with the Project Director and Project Management Consultant (PMC); advise the Project Director and PMC on work progress, quality control, and implementation issues, if any.
SPECIFIC TASKS OF THE FOLLOWING:
Review the detailed engineering design for its correctness and safety prior to the start of civil works. Submit a report on the findings and propose modifications or corrections to any defects or omissions.
Supervision and Administration
- Ensure that the construction methods proposed by the contractor for carrying out the works are satisfactory.
- Inspect contractor’s construction equipment; results of material and soil tests; safety of the works, property and personnel; and schedule of mitigation measures for adverse environmental impacts. Notify contractors to remedy works and materials that fail to comply with specifications.
- Monitor and supervise progress of contractors’ works vis-à-vis applicable technical specifications and design.
- Check that “as built” drawing is prepared by the contractors for all for all works as construction processes
- Ensure that road safety design requirements are implemented following the contract specifications.
- Develop quality assurance system and quality control plan for provisions of asphalt concrete pavement.
- Establish procedures to verify contractor performance and report progress and problems on time, including quality control reports, quantity survey records, requests for variation or change orders, and contractor’s claims and invoices.
- Evaluate any proposed changes (e.g. time, scope, and cost) by the contractor during the course of the Project.
- Review and certify work volume, and process interim and final payments of the contractors. Ensure timely submission of contractors’ interim payment certificates, and release of payment.
- Ensure project financial management procedures are in place and are strictly followed, specifically relating to payments, financial accounting, requests for time extension, and contractor’s claims and invoices.
Safeguards Compliance Monitoring
- Carry out the following duties related to environmental mitigation during construction: ensure that all the environmental mitigation measures required to be implemented are incorporated in the contract documents; supervise and monitor the implementation of environmental mitigation plan (EMP); and in case of unexpected environmental impacts coordinate with the Client and PMC to recommend necessary mitigation measures to the Committee of Roads and participating Bank for implementation.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting of the land acquisition and resettlement plan (LARP) implementation
- Ensure that contractor does not involve child labor in the execution of the civil works contracts in accordance with the provisions of the contract agreement.
Documentation and reporting
- Report and update the works implementation schedule, highlight any unforeseen delays, and timely propose corrective measures.
- Undertake project performance monitoring and evaluation and reporting up to project completion. Collect baseline survey data based on the indicators in the project’s design and monitoring framework; and measure the indicators overtime during the assignment period. Design a simple MS Excel or similar system for recording the baseline and periodic data.
- Prepare and submit reports as indicated in Section – Deliverables in this Terms of Reference
- Develop and maintain a storage and retrieval system of records documenting information supplied by the field teams, decisions made at meetings, progress on civil works, certified achievements and milestones, financial records, any deviations from or changes to the contract plans (scope, cost, materials, time), correspondences, site diaries, test data and quality control reports, quantity survey records, as built drawings, and progress reports.
- The Client may require the Consultant to perform other tasks consistent the above scope, including preparation of technical appraisals/ additional contract documentation, and review and comment on the contractor’s proposals.
- The Client may authorize additional services that do not affect the scope of the supervision work, at the rates established in the construction supervision contract, or at the rates mutually agreed upon when the services require the use of specialists not listed in the contract.