Zhol-Sapa LLP continue preparatory work on the section “Almaty-Khorgos”
During implementation of “Western Europe – Western China” International Transit Corridor Project the bridge over the ILI River will be constructed at the Almaty-Kokpek-Chundja-Koktal-Khorgos Section. The Client is the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
“Zhol-Sapa” LLP Project Status: Construction Supervision Consultant, engineering services (project management).
Saulet Yeleusizov, a Materials Engineer of Zhol-Sapa Engineering Service for this section, told www.zholsapa.kz editors about the current situation on this site.
– Good morning, Saulet. On what construction stage is the new bridge?
– At the moment, Zhol-Sapa LLP continues preparatory works required to commence the construction. In particular, the procurement, quality check and testing of the road construction materials for the bridge are carried out. For this purpose the laboratory, office premises and dormitory are provided on site. Besides me, an Assistant Engineer, Road Engineer, Quantity Engineer, Land Surveyor, Bridge Engineer, Laboratory Technician and Environmental Specialist will be involved in construction supervision. We are prepared for work.
– Please, tell us, what the new bridge will be?
– The length of the bridge will be 700 meters; the spans will be made of prefabricated metal structures and the bridge superstructure made of reinforced concrete. Moreover, the current bridge over the ILI River will also be completely reconstructed within the framework of this Project.
– What is the scheduled completion date for the bridge construction?
– The facility commissioning is planned for the end of 2015.
– Thank you for this interview. We wish you success in your work!